We hope that you will participate in our online MMethod Community as part of your MMethod experience. It's a great place to share ideas and make connections with other members. Research shows that people are much more likely to succeed with the program if they share their experience in this way, so it can be both fun and effective.
Within the Community you will find Blogs, Messages Boards, Groups, and Goals. Each area of the Community contains a wealth of ideas, insights, and inspirations. The Community is available exclusively to MMethod members, so you'll be sharing your thoughts with people who have a shared experience.
To make sure this is a positive experience for everyone we require that members treat each other with respect, deal with each other honestly, and confine their comments and postings to appropriate content in THE MMethod Community. Beyond this general principle we have some specific Guidelines to help make clear what that principle means, and how members are expected to conduct themselves in the Community.
1. TREAT OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR OPINIONS WITH RESPECT: Everyone in the Community shares the goal of Better Living Through Less Thinking. Aside from that common purpose there is much difference here. Each member's path to this place is unique, and each member's experience of the program will be unique. Members log into this program from every walk of life and from far corners of the globe. They have different ideas and feelings and customs. Everyone here is entitled to hold their own opinions, and to express those opinions in appropriate terms. You will add to everyone's experience by sharing your own unique opinions and experiences for everyone's benefit, just as you'lll benefit from hearing theirs. To participate inTHE MMethod Community you must be able to respect these different points of view and to discuss them in a spirit and tone of mutual respect.
2. FOLLOW THE "GOLDEN RULE" IN DEALING WITH OTHERS: We all remember from our school days - treat others as you would have them treat you. We expect members to follow this rule in THE MMethod Community. You undoubtedly will encounter posts and messages that contain opinions or other content that you do not agree with. Feel free to disagree and to speak your mind in return. When doing so, however, you must not use language that is insulting, abusive, or threatening. Demeaning reference to gender or race or ethnicity or orientation, or any similar bigotry, is strictly prohibited, and so is profanity. Period. Abbreviations and slang terms representing foul language also are prohibited. All postings are subject to review, editing, and deletion by Community Coordinators of THE MMethod Team. Failure to respect this guideline can result in barring you from the Community and even terminating your membership. If you are unsure about whether your tone or terms are appropriate, err on the side of caution and respect. You'll be more likely to win people over to your point of view -- and less likely to have THE MMethod Team involved.
3. KEEP THE CONTENT WITHIN APPROPRIATE BOUNDS: We hope and expect that you will make friends here and discuss a wide range of subjects, some specific to THE MMethod, and some not. Even so, there are limits. The Community is not a place to post any kind of advertising, junk mail, spam, or other commercial content. This includes promotions of products or businesses or charities or other causes. People are here to help learn better eating and nutrition habits, not to hear sales pitches. We don't sell advertising for that reason, and we won't permit members to post it. Please do not post web addresses (“URLs”) in your signature or in your posts. We will assume that these are ads or for other inappropriate uses and they will be deleted. If another member you know wants a link to another site, you can communicate that information by means other than posting in the Community. For similar reasons to our prohibition of advertising, political campaigning and debating is discouraged. This also is not an online dating forum. If your want to take friendships made here to a different level we hope that works out well for you, but you'll need to do so outside of the Community. We also require discretion in the posting of photographs. Feel free to share pictures of yourselves, or about your lives, or any number of things. You may even want to show off how good you look after losing some unwanted weight. That's all fine, but your photos should be "G" or "PG" rated, to borrow some movie industry parlance. Don't post anything that the censors wouldn't permit on prime time television. That's quite a generous standard, and we'll require that you live by it.
4. RESPECT THE PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OTHERS: Please do not copy and post the works of others without their permission. Examples could include copies of book or article excerpts, published recipes, blogs, and professional photographs. Your copying and publication of these and similar works created by others can violate their copyrights or other intellectual property rights, and expose you to personal liability. THE MMethod Team will not know whether your posts violate the intellectual property rights of others, we will not provide any screening or warnings for you in this regard, and we will not be responsible for any posts that violate copyright or trademark or other laws or rights.
5. COMMUNITY COORDINATORS CARE: Our Community Coordinators care about our members and the MMethod Community. We believe that a supportive and dynamic forum helps our members achieve their goals. We will be acting at all times to ensure that these Guidelines are being followed so that all members can have positive Community experiences. Please respect the Coordinators by listening to their suggestions and respecting their recommendations. We ask for your voluntary cooperation, but we also reserve the right to edit or remove any posting within the Community and elsewhere in the site, including but not limited to blog posts, messages, or any other content, and we reserve the right to terminate any member's participation in the Community, and their membership, if we believe such action would be helpful to the Community.
6. COMMUNITY ENFORCEMENT OF COMMUNITY GUIDELINES: It's better for everyone if we all feel ownership of the Community, and are all vigilant about ensuring that the Community operates according to these Guidelines. We have included a "flagging" ability for members in the Community to alert us to inappropriate content. Please let us know right away if you see any posting that you find offensive or believe to violate any of the Community Guidelines, and feel free to discourage inappropriate conduct by direct communication with the poster with a reminder of the need to respect these Guidelines - and make sure to follow the Guidelines yourself when doing so.
7. ENJOY YOURSELF!